- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
- 7:30 am – 9:00 am
- Registration & Complimentary Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Exhibits and Static Display of Aircraft
- 9:30 am – 10:15 am
- Business Aviation: Weathering the Storm Through Cost Sharing Strategies
Presented by Eli Mansour, Luce Forward Hamilton & Scripps, LLP
The current economic downturn with the associated lower economic activity and drop in business aircraft usage has proved to be a “perfect storm” to many aircraft owners and operators. Are there options for an aircraft owner or operator to weather the storm? This session provides an in depth analysis of various options for sharing or shifting aircraft costs. During this session participants will learn how to:
- Share or recoup aircraft costs through the use of joint ownership agreements, time sharing agreements, interchange agreements and dry lease agreements;
- Issue spot the pitfalls found in aircraft sharing options;
- Evaluate the federal tax, state tax, and FAA issues to consider with each of the options presented.
- 11:00 am – 11:45 am
- General Session: Challenges and Opportunities for Business Aviation
Presented by Ed Bolen, President and CEO of NBAA
- 11:45 am – 1:30 pm
- 1:30 pm – 2:15 pm
- Required Navigation Performance – Navigating Through the Operational Approval Process
Presented by Jim Johnson, Honeywell Aerospace
Required Navigation Performance Special Aircraft and Aircrew Authorization Required (RNP SAAAR) enables aircraft to fly more precise approaches, providing benefits for lower minima operations, more favorable routing in congested or terrain challenged and special use airspace, noise abatement compliance, improved safety, and lower operating costs. During this session participants will learn how to:
- Understand the benefits that RNP SAAAR can bring to their flight operations;
- Determine the requirements for an operator to integrate this capability into their flight department;
- Understand the key elements of RNP SAAAR approaches.
- 2:30 pm – 3:15 pm
- Runway Safety: The Start and Finish of a Safe and Successful Business Flight Operation
Presented by Dan Cilli, FAA
A safe, efficient and successful flight starts and concludes with safe ground operations. Through training, education and heightened awareness along with improvements in airport signage, lighting and markings, clear ATC instructions, and advanced technology, FAA continually endeavors to provide the tools necessary to optimize runway safety. During this session participants will learn how to:
- Recognize and understand airport surface signage;
- Heighten awareness of potential surface safety hazards;
- Understand how new runway safety technology such as ASDE-X and moving map displays prevent incursions.
- 3:30 pm – 5:00 pm
- Cocktail Reception
Any person who attends an NBAA convention, conference, seminar or other program grants permission to NBAA, its employees and agents (collectively "NBAA") to record his or her visual/audio images, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital images, voices, sound or video recordings, audio clips, or accompanying written descriptions, and, without notifying such person, to use his or her name and such images for any purpose of NBAA, including advertisements for NBAA and its programs.