- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
WCA Announces Scholarship Recipients at NBAA2010
Atlanta, GA, October 20, 2010
At a networking reception today at NBAA2010, Women in Corporate Aviation, International (WCA) recognized eight scholarship recipients, continuing its mission to mentor and provide opportunities to aviation professionals. The non-profit, based in Southaven, MS, awarded the following honorees with various scholarships:
- Natasha Flaherty of San Francisco, CA will use the WCA Career Scholarship toward a commercial pilot certificate.
- Susan Van Matre of St. Louis, MO will apply the WCA Aviation Management Scholarship, sponsored by Home Depot and Elevon Consulting, to a flight safety operational training course.
- Marie Wicks of Baltimore, MD plans to use the Susan Friedenberg Corporate Flight Attendant Scholarship toward becoming a professional corporate flight attendant.
- Anita Lachhiramani, Annie Marie Radel, Andrew "Dru" Nicholson and Melody Tharp will be awarded scholarships for the Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc. FAA Dispatcher License Training and Certification Course.
- Stacey Kotrla will use the USC Aviation Safety and Security Scholarship to complete the Human Factors in Aviation Safety Course.
This year marks the first that scholarships were awarded for both dispatcher and flight attendant training.
"Just as NBAA2010 powers business aviation, the Women in Corporate Aviation organization empowers its members to excel as industry professionals," said NBAA's Jo Damato, director, operations & educational development, and NBAA liaison for WCA.
"The WCA Scholarship Program is one opportunity that gives these professionals career-building opportunities and, by awarding the scholarships during NBAA2010, winners and WCA members also can take advantage of networking opportunities while promoting a positive image for WCA and the business aviation industry," Damato said.
WCA will award the International Career Scholarship at the 11th Annual European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition, jointly sponsored by NBAA and the European Business Aviation Association, from May 17 to 19, 2011, in Geneva.