- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
In anticipation of a large number of aircraft operating to and from NBAA2010, the FAA has issued special procedures that will be used to enhance safety and minimize air traffic delays.
Special Air Traffic Procedures
The special air traffic procedures will be in effect from October 17 through October 22, 2010.
The FAA Air Traffic Control Systems Command Center (ATCSCC) may utilize traffic management initiatives for this event when arrival demand is expected to approach or exceed airport capacity. Expect Departure Clearance Times (EDCT) may be issued for all domestic, IFR arrivals to the following airports:
- DekalbPeachtree Airport (PDK)
- Fulton County Airport - Brown Field (FTY)
- Gwinnett County Airport, Briscoe Field (LZU)
- Cobb County Airport, McCollum Field (RYY)
Aircraft Noise Considerations
FTY and PDK airport managers have asked that pilots operating to/from either airport for NBAA2010 reference http://www.whispertrack.com to obtain detailed information on noise abatement procedures, curfews, airport diagrams, preferential runways, pattern altitudes, run-up areas, noise monitoring and more. Both airports have highly noise-sensitive communities around them, and operator help in maintaining good relationships with those communities is appreciated. For more information, contact NBAA's Bob Lamond at [email protected].
PDK IFR/VFR Departure Procedures
Refer to the NOTAM for detailed information.
- For ATC efficiency and planning purposes, flight plans should be filed at least 6 hours in advance of planned departure time.
- Advise FBO as soon as possible of your requested departure date and time.
- Runways 9/27, 16/34, and 2L/20R may be closed during the event for additional parking and taxiway use. Consult NOTAMs for current closure information.
- All fixed wing VFR/IFR aircraft should monitor ATIS (128.4) before engine start for special ground movement instructions.
- Do not call for taxi until you are the number one aircraft that can enter a taxiway from the ramp or parking area. (If you are IFR, do not call for taxi until you have received an IFR clearance).
- Remain on ground control until instructed to contact (or monitor) tower or until number one for departure at the runway.
- ATIS will indicate if IFR clearances are available on ground control or clearance delivery.
- Gate-Hold procedures may be implemented during times of heavy arrival/departure traffic. The ATIS will specify whether all (VFR or IFR) or only IFR aircraft are temporarily being subjected to ground delay at the ramp. Affected departures will be informed which frequency to contact for receipt of an engine start/taxi clearance time.
- Aircraft should be ready for departure upon reaching the runway.
Note: Due to the high number of itinerant departures, aircraft may be held on the ramp to facilitate sequencing and comply with traffic management restrictions.
Any person who attends an NBAA convention, conference, seminar or other program grants permission to NBAA, its employees and agents (collectively "NBAA") to record his or her visual/audio images, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital images, voices, sound or video recordings, audio clips, or accompanying written descriptions, and, without notifying such person, to use his or her name and such images for any purpose of NBAA, including advertisements for NBAA and its programs.