- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
You’ve been hearing the buzz on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn as well as countless blogs and websites about social media and business aviation and have wondered what’s going on. Well, now is your opportunity to learn what everyone is talking about. RSVP now!
The NBAA 62nd Annual Meeting & Convention in Orlando, FL will feature for the first time, a special social media session on Wednesday, October 21 from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Room S320E at the Orange County Convention Center. We’ll explore this new and dynamic way of communicating and connecting online, the sites and tools used, and hear from a panel of business aviation professionals about how social media has changed the landscape of the industry for them and how you may be able to integrate it into your corporate and personal environment.
Whether you are new to social media or consider yourself an expert, the NBAA2009 Social Media for Business Aviation session will help improve your understanding of what social media is, how your peers are using it, and how it is changing the way business aviation communicates.
- Wednesday, October 21, 2009
- 3:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Orange County Convention Center
Room S320E New Room!
The program will include a panel discussion with social media advocates form our industry and will include significant opportunities to ask questions and participate in the discussion. Included in the panel will be:
- Rob Mark
- Moderator – Noted aviation writer & communications professional and creator of the blog JetWhine
- Patrick Dunne
- Manager, Communications for NBAA
- Benet Wilson
- Senior Writer for McGraw-Hill’s Aviation Week group covering Business Aviation and social media goddess.
- Ryan Keough
- Manager of Marketing & Communications, Cutter Aviation FBO Network
Attendees are encouraged to bring their mobile devices and mobile internet equipped laptops to join in the discussion and participate online. *Note, public WiFi coverage not available during the session
Spread the Word!
The NBAA2009 Social Media for Business Aviation session is being promoted ONLY through social media channels to illustrate its impact on the way it’s changing the way we forge connections with each other, spread the word, and gain momentum in promoting the issues that are critical to the industry of Business Aviation. Here are some ways you can spread the word about the Social Media for Business Aviation session:
- Post a message on Twitter about it. (e.g. “Make sure to attend ‘Social Media for Business Aviation at #NBAA09 on 10/21! http://bit.ly/nbaa09-sm)
- Post a status update on Facebook about it.
- Post on LinkedIn about it and tell your network via direct messages: use the link http://bit.ly/nbaa09-sm for them to get more information.
- Post on your blog about it… send them to this landing page.
- Tell and email your colleagues who are interested in social media, but are not sure what it’s all about.
Twitter users! Make sure to use the hashtag #NBAA09 when talking about the session or anything else related to the NBAA 62nd Annual Meeting & Convention in Orlando, FL. If you are sending anyone information on this session, use the link at:http://bit.ly/nbaa09-sm to send them here.
Let NBAA Know You are Attending!
Any person who attends an NBAA convention, conference, seminar or other program grants permission to NBAA, its employees and agents (collectively "NBAA") to record his or her visual/audio images, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital images, voices, sound or video recordings, audio clips, or accompanying written descriptions, and, without notifying such person, to use his or her name and such images for any purpose of NBAA, including advertisements for NBAA and its programs.