- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
The NBAA/CAN Charity Benefit features silent and live auctions with proceeds from both assisting Corporate Angel Network (CAN) with their mission. NBAA is grateful for the Members Companies who generously donated the items below.
Live Auction Items
The Live Auction will take place during the Charity Benefit itself on Wednesday, October 21.
Don Imus Show Experience
Donated by: Don Imus
Don Imus, a long-time participant in Corporate Angel Network (CAN) and NetJets fractional owner, has generously donated the opportunity for two people to sit in on a live broadcast of the “Imus in the Morning” program at the FOX Business Network Studio in New York City. Although not guaranteed, if Don takes a liking to you or thinks you’d make for a good interview, you may even get some air time.
Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic Package
Donated by: Bombardier
This incredible four-day package includes accommodations at the Sutton Place Hotel, which is conveniently located in Vancouver’s City Center, with easy access to Olympic venues. All rooms are double occupancy (two guests per room). Ground transportation in Olympic-accredited motor coaches and cars is provided to and from all scheduled activities. Airport transfers are available on arrival and departure days, with meet-and-greet service. Premier Olympic tickets to the most sought-after events in Vancouver are included, including tickets to four Olympic sporting events. Top-quality dining at some of Vancouver’s preeminent restaurants for breakfast and one additional meal is offered per day to each guest. Exquisite menus and corresponding wine selections are tailor-made in collaboration with world-renowned chefs. In addition, an exclusive Bombardier Hospitality Suite is available at the Sutton Place Hotel, where guests may enjoy an abundant catered buffet throughout the day, have a refreshing drink from the open bar, watch event highlights on flat-screen TVs or relax in a comfortable setting. A dedicated guest service attendant will serve and accompany guests to ensure a comfortable stay while in Vancouver.
Five Hours on a Business Aircraft for Six Passengers
Donated by: NBAA Board Member, NBAA/CAN Auction Committee Member and Chairman of North American Communications Mike Herman
You chart the course from your home town or anywhere else in the U.S. for a two-and-a-half-hour business or pleasure flight on Mike’s CJ3. Visit customers with company colleagues or just fly to your favorite destination with friends or family – within two-and-a-half hours each way. This is a great opportunity for anyone who has wanted to experience personal transportation and avoid the hassles of commercial aviation.
Visit Exotic Dubai and Train at Emirates-CAE Flight Training
Donated by: CAE and Emirates-CAE Flight Training
Dubai has been described as one of the most significant international cities of the 21st century. With a near-perfect climate, top class hotels, superb facilities for a variety of sports and activities and excellent shopping, Dubai has something to offer everyone. So why not combine some business and leisure in 2010 with this generous donation from Emirates – one of the world’s leading international airlines – and CAE – a global leader in aviation training? You will receive two business class round-trip tickets on Emirates from New York to Dubai. While in Dubai, you will receive a recurrent training session at Emirates-CAE Flight Training, a joint venture of CAE and Emirates, and one of the world’s premiere aviation training centers. You can choose either the four- or five-day recurrent training session on any of the business aviation platforms available at Emirates-CAE Flight Training, including the Gulfstream IV/V/550, Hawker 800/800XP/800XPi, Boeing Business Jet, Airbus Corporate Jet or Bell 412.
Enjoy the Spirit of Aloha on a Luxury Escape to Hawaii
Donated by: Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc.
Celebrate Universal’s 50th anniversary with a fantastic five-day/four-night trip to American’s paradise and 50th State, Hawaii. This fabulous package includes two first-class round-trip tickets to Hawaii from anywhere in the contiguous U.S., with a meet-and-greet by a representative of Air Service Hawaii, your Universal Aviation ground support provider on the Islands of Aloha. This luxurious package also includes a four-night stay in an exclusive four-star hotel, meals and transportation.
Attend the Reno Air Races with Bob Hoover
Donated by: Bob Hoover and NBAA Board Member, NBAA/CAN Auction Committee Member and Chairman of North American Communications Mike Herman
You and three guests will join National Aviation Hall of Fame Enshrinee and Famous Aviator Bob Hoover on a personal tour of the 2010 Reno Air Races and hear stories as only Bob can tell over lunch. Mike will provide travel to the races from San Diego in his CJ3 with Bob on board. And you and your guests will enjoy the races from Mike’s private box as his very special guest.
Round-Trip for Two with a Two-Night Stay and Golf at the Fabulous Biltmore Hotel and Time in an Airbus Simulator
Donated by: Airbus
Fly round trip from anywhere in the U.S. to Miami, stay in a junior suite at the magnificent Biltmore Coral Gables Hotel, and enjoy a day of golf on the challenging Biltmore Golf Course. You’ll spend part of your second day with the unique opportunity of experiencing “fly-by-wire” in an Airbus simulator.
Join Cessna Chairman, President and CEO Jack Pelton in a Round of Golf and a Flight on his Vintage Cessna 195
Donated by: Cessna
Cessna Chairman, President and CEO and NBAA’s newest Board Member Jack Pelton invites you and two guests for a round of golf at the world-class Flint Hills Golf Course outside Wichita. In addition, Jack will treat you and your guests to a flight in his vintage Cessna 195 for an aerial tour of the Kansas Flint Hills.
A Ride in a Beechcraft T-6 Military Trainer (Two separate rides will be auctioned)
Donated by: Hawker Beechcraft
Value: $1,000 each
Imagine taking a ride in the same aircraft where nearly every American military pilot begins their training. Now you have an opportunity to be one of two lucky winners for an exciting flight in the renowned, high-performance, fully aerobatic Beechcraft T-6 military trainer aircraft. The T-6 is the most proven and most cost-effective military training system available today. It is a primary trainer aircraft that accommodates instruction in instrument flight procedures and basic aerial maneuvers, and has been used to train military pilots in more than 20 different countries. Recently, Hawker Beechcraft celebrated the 500th delivery of a T-6 aircraft; and the T-6 also reached a milestone with one million flight hours. Only U.S. citizens who pass a screening test are eligible to win the T-6 ride. Rides must be taken by September 30, 2010.
Silent Auction Items
Silent Auction items will be on display in the Orange County Convention Center Monday, October 19 and Tuesday, October 20. However, bidding will only take place during the Charity Benefit Reception starting at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 21, in The Rosen Centre.
- A limited edition lithograph by aviation artist Joe Jones – donated by Centennial Airport
- Limited edition prints by Sam Lyons: “Hoover’s Fighting Spitfire,” “Hoovers Maneuver,” “Hoover’s Ole Yeller” and “Hoovers Point of View” – donated by Eastern Aviation Fuels/Shell Aviation
- “Doorways” an acrylic painting – donated by Hamilton Sundstrand
- Prop Art statue – donated by Winter Park Construction
- Dick Rutan F-100D print – National Aviation Hall of Fame
- "Tex" Hill P-40 Warhawk signed print – National Aviation Hall of Fame
- Joe Foss F4F Wildcat signed print – National Aviation Hall of Fame
- Scott Crossfiled "Skyrocket" signed print – National Aviation Hall of Fame
- Pilatus PC-12, Global Express XRS, G650, Mustang, Hawker 4000, Falcon 7X and TBM 850, all with the NBAA2009 logo – donated by PacMin
- 2010 handmade, mahogany, Embraer Phenom 100 Micro Jet desktop model – donated by Micro Jet Positions
- Boeing 737, 747, 777 and 787 models – donated by The Boeing Company
- Falcon 7X model – donated by Dassault Falcon
- Cessna CX, Sovereign, Mustang, and mini-models CX, CJ4 and Mustang – donated by Cessna Aircraft Company
- Space Shuttle model – donated by United Space Alliance
- Airbus A380 models – donated by Airbus Americas, Inc.
- Gulfstream G650 and G250 models – dotated by Gulfstream Aerospace
- Wings of Tesaco/Grumman G-21-A Amphibian Model Airplane Bank – donated by Chevron Global Aviation
- Paul Bowen Photography set of 4 Vol 1-4 – donated by Paul Bowen Photography Inc
- Front Row Center 4: Inside the Great American Air Show – donated by Chevron Global Aviation
- Brown Leather Bomber Jackets – donated by Gulfstream Aerospace
- Saxon Leather Flight Jacket – donated by Dassault Falcon
- 120GB and 16GB iPod’s – donated by Gables Engineering
- AV8OR Handheld GPS – donated by Honeywell Aerospace
- Manual Juicer, Model #932 – donated by Restaurant Equipment World
- Garmin Nuvi 765T – donated by Banyan Air Service
- iPod touch 8GB – donated by Chantilly Air
Especially for Aviation
- Airborne Weather Radar Training Course on DVD – donated by Radar Training Systems
- First, Second or Third Class FAA Flight Physical, Examination with ECG – donated by Charles P. Nicholson, Jr., MD
- David Clark H10-13.4 Headset-Microphone – donated by David Clark Company, Inc.
- Start Pac Model 53025 power supply – donated by Start Pac
- Part 91 Private and Corporate Jet Operations, Part 135 On-Demand Computer Operations, G1000 Course; G430/530 Course and dinner and a tour of the Kings Schools with John and Martha King – donated by John and Martha King
- 100 gallons of fuel for any aircraft that flies into Million Air Los Angeles KHHR – donated by Million Air Los Angeles/Advanced Air, LLC
- Unlimited radar based flight tracking in Europe for an NBAA Member fleet of aircraft – donated by Shepherd Aero
- Resume review and career consultation – donated by Dr. Boyd Falconer
- Bose Aviation Headset X – donated by Unum Group
- Reduced Vertical Separation Minimum (RSVM) Course and Human Factors Course – donated by Global Jet Services
- Zulu (ANR) Headset – donated by Lightspeed Aviation
- The MU-2 Collection including a MU-2 model, MU-2 luggage set and MU-2 clothing – donated by Turbine Aircraft Services, Inc.
- King Air 200 Recurrent Training Course – donated by FlightSafety International
- One Year Subscription to Baldwin's online SMSplus® Safety Management Program and One year Subscription to FDMplus® – donated by Baldwin Aviation Safety & Compliance
- CRS-200 PlaneSeat™ (Child Restraint System) – donated by Astronics DME Corp.
- Top Gun Aircraft Cleaner Case of 4 – donated by Soap Warehouse
- Air To Air Adventure with Paul Bowen to have your aircraft photographed – donated by Paul Bowen Photography
- Review of an Aircraft Owner's Aircraft Management Arrangement or Maintenance Assessment – donated by Crowley Aircraft Management Advisors, LLC
- Initial Training Course on choice of King Air 90, 100 or 200 aircraft – donated by SimCom Training Centers
- VIP 2010 AirVenture Package – donated by EAA The Spirit of Aviation
- WingPoints Rewards Card – donated by ConocoPhillips
- Golf Set - Rangefinder, Stand bag and Travel bag – donated by Air Routing International
- Gift Basket of Schering-Plough Products – donated by Schering-Plough Corporation
- 4 Tickets for the Vikings vs. Seahawks on 11/22/09 including a football signed by Jared Allen and Jersey signed by Harvin Peray – donated by Short Hill Aviation
- Experience Race Weekend with two tickets to NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series Event – donated by Duncan Aviation
- 4 Club Tickets to the New York Ranger vs. the Pittsburgh Penguins November 30th Hockey Game at Madison Square Garden – donated by Business Week
- Golf Putter in 24K Polished Gold – donated by Signature Plating
- Classique poshAir - World's first in-flight Sleeping Bag – donated by poshAir
- Executive Wine Set – donated by Executive Wine Set
- Odyssey 2-Ball Golf Putter – donated by Dassault Falcon
- Round of Golf for four on Arnold Palmer at Bay Hill Golf Resort and Lodge – donated by Bay Hill Club & Lodge
- Epiphone Les Paul Guitar Autographed by Foreigner – donated by Jones & Brown Productions
- 80-Minute Refresh Signature Massage – donated by Hilton Orlando
- Blue Angels Aviation Watch – donated by Manitoba Corporation
- Two Duffle bags which include polo shirts, hats, golf balls and other logo items – donated by Pratt & Whitney
- Olympia Super Light Weight Carry-On – donated by Aircraft Window Repairs
- Swiss Army Garment bag 50”, Swiss Army Mobilizer 22” and Swiss Army Euro Tote – donated by Cessna Aircraft Company
- Terry Handbag and Leah Handbag – donated by Townsend Leather
- Fly the Idaho Backcountry via Cessna 182 with Idaho Aeronautics Chief Pilot – donated by Idaho Division of Aeronautics
- EBACE2010 Hotel and Attendee Passes – donated by the Royal Manotel hotel
- Four Viewing passed for the 2009 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade donated by Macy’s with two nights at the Hilton New York – donated by Hilton
- 30 Minute Ride for Two on the Famous Goodyear Blimp based in Los Angeles – donated by Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
- Two (2) Night weekend stay at the Grand Bohemian Hotel -Orlando, FL – donated by Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando
- Four (4) Complimentary night vouchers for Fairfield Inn or Fairfield Inn &
- Suites in the US and Canada – donated by Fairfield Inn & Suites
- A Weekend in New York City and an evening on Broadway – donated by Travel Planners
- Two (2) Roundtrip Tickets on Southwest Airlines – donated by Southwest Airlines Charitable Giving
Truly Unique Items
- Liquid Epoxy Flooring for Garage, Workshop, Utility Room or Basement – donated by Polymax/Milamar Coatings
- Luxurious Upholstery Leather for your project – donated by Zenda Leather Company
- Case of 2005 Chateau Dassault – donated by Dassault Falcon
- B-52 Mirror – donated by Motoart
Any person who attends an NBAA convention, conference, seminar or other program grants permission to NBAA, its employees and agents (collectively "NBAA") to record his or her visual/audio images, including, but not limited to, photographs, digital images, voices, sound or video recordings, audio clips, or accompanying written descriptions, and, without notifying such person, to use his or her name and such images for any purpose of NBAA, including advertisements for NBAA and its programs.