- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
The NBAA Management Guide is an industry how-to manual for business aviation management. Recognized as one of NBAA’s most popular Member benefits, this publication assists flight departments with operational, maintenance, administrative and other considerations.
It should be noted that this is not a complete guide for all functions of the flight department; consequently, it does not cover every possible situation faced by business aviation managers. However, the NBAA Management Guide does attempt to summarize essential information concerning the operation of a flight department, including chapters on Administration, Flight Operations, International Operations and Maintenance Operations.
Much of the information contained in this guide may be used as reference material to educate non-aviation company personnel on accepted practices and norms of the business aviation community. One of the essential functions of flight department personnel is to ensure that all company personnel appreciate and understand the operation, capabilities and value of the flight department.
The NBAA Management Guide is an evolving document. In coordination with its standing committees, NBAA periodically issues content revisions for this publication as new information becomes available. The Association welcomes your feedback and questions on this publication. Send all comments to [email protected].
Latest Version: Fall 2012 Edition
A new edition of the NBAA Management Guide is coming to this web page soon. Please check back. Until then, links to the Fall 2012 edition are available below.
The contents of the NBAA Management Guide are available only to employees of NBAA Member Companies. Except where noted, Members must log in to view the following Fall 2012 edition pages:
- Full Table of Contents (public access)
- Section 1: Administration
- Section 2: Flight Operations
- Section 3: International Operations
- Section 4: Maintenance Operations
- Appendix A: Aircraft Insurance
- Appendix B: Aircraft Feasibility Study
- Appendix C: Supplemental Lift
- Appendix D: NBAA Range Formats
In addition to being provided via the links above, the Fall 2012 edition pages also are available to order in both print and PDF formats. Member operators are encouraged to request the latest version of the guide and familiarize themselves with the changes. For pricing and availability details, see the "Obtaining Copies" sidebar above, or order your copy now.
Explanation of Changes to Fall 2012 Edition
The Fall 2012 revision introduces the following changes to the content of the NBAA Management Guide:
- Introduction of new Section 2.14, “Electronic Flight Bags,” and renumbering of subsequent sections.
- Update to 2.19 (previously 2.18), References for Flight Operations, to include new entry for “Electronic Flight Bags (EFBs).”
- Updates to Appendix B, “Aircraft Feasibility Study.”
- Addition to the Glossary for the new entry, “EFB.”
- Changing all instances of “NBAA General Aviation (GA) Desk” to “NBAA Air Traffic Services (ATS)” to reflect the new name of that NBAA service as of June 2012.
- Updates to Membership section. Changes were applied throughout the section to reflect the latest available NBAA Member benefits and events information at the time of publication.
Note: Margin lines are provided within the Section 2, Appendix B and Glossary sections to help readers identify areas with revisions. Sections have been reflowed and/or renumbered where needed to accomodate the revisions.
To share comments about the NBAA Management Guide that would benefit future revisions, contact NBAA at [email protected].