- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
NBAA is soliciting education session proposals for its Annual Meeting & Convention from Tuesday, October 30, through Thursday, November 1, 2012 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida.
Educational sessions must provide content relevant to business aircraft ownership and operations and may not be specific company updates, marketing/sales presentations, or commercial in nature.
The deadline for proposals is: February 29, 2012
Presentations will be selected based on industry need/priority and quality of the response. NBAA will notify presenters of final selections before the event marketing materials are published.
Each presenter is responsible for his/her travel and accommodation costs. Presenters will receive complimentary registration to the event at which he/she is presenting.
NBAA welcomes speaking proposals on any topic relevant to business aircraft owners & operators. In addition to ideas proposed by the industry, NBAA is soliciting panelist to present the topics below, which may be developed into education sessions:
- Road Warriors: Tips and Tools for Traveling Professionals: This session will highlight techniques to stay organized, connected, and productive when traveling for business. Target audience: pilots, flight attendants, scheduler/dispatcher, m: aintenance techs, others who travel regularly.
- iPads in the Cockpit 2012: With tens of thousands of iPads being used in flight by owner-operators, Part 91 flight departments and charter operators, what are the best apps and best ways to utilize this revolutionary tool? What’s on the horizon for apps and hardware? What’s required for FAA authorization to use an iPad in flight?
- Implementing NBAA’s LBA Flight Operations Manual Template: Owner-operators and flight departments operating a light business airplane that have created an operations manual using NBAA’s LBA Flight Operations Manual Template will discuss their experiences using the template and how it has enhanced their operations.
- Securing Payment for Part 135 Flights: This session will examine standard industry practices for billing third-party customers for Part 135 flights as well as typical credit card restrictions that may impact your “back-up plan” to secure payment post-flight. Additionally, consumer protection regulations designed to protect customers will be covered by industry, financial and legal experts.
- Social Media for Flight Departments: Flight department personnel will discuss how they use Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media applications to make their operations safer, more efficient and effective.