- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
The Technical Committee obtains and evaluates data concerning aircraft, aircraft equipment, operations and maintenance problems relative to the business aircraft owner and pilot. Based on the understanding that better equipment, better training and procedures all contribute to safer and more economical operations, the Committee's objective is to bring about improvements in aircraft, equipment and operations while maintaining flying safety at its highest level. The Committee's primary focus is to prevent problems from occurring through a freeflowing exchange of information between NBAA Members and the manufacturers. Areas of Committee interest and responsibility include aircraft accidents and incidents, cost of ownership, availability and reliability of replacement parts and components, airworthiness directives and NBAA Range Formats. NBAA Members can forward questions, comments, or suggestions to the Committee Chairman or the NBAA Staff Liaison.
- Murray Thole, Pioneer Hi-Bred International (Chairman)
- Elias Cotti, CAM, NBAA (Staff Liaison)
NBAA Members may also review the full committee roster.
- Cessna 500 Series Subcommittee
- Cessna 600/700 Series Subcommittee
- Dassault Falcon Jet Subcommittee
- Hawker 125 Series Subcommittee
- Hawker 400XP/Beechjet Series Subcommittee
- Hawker Beechcraft Premier Subcommittee
- Hawker 4000 Subcommittee
- Honeywell Global Customer Committee
- King Air Subcommittee
- Learjet Subcommittee
- Pratt & Whitney 300 Subcommittee
Summary of Recent Action
- Organized the Maintenance & Operations (M&O) Sessions at the NBAA 61st Annual Meeting & Convention
- Oversaw the activities of eight Subcommittees, which monitored a variety of ongoing technical issues and implementations affecting business aviation around the world
- Provided NBAA Members with news about maintenance and operations issues through NBAA publications
- Participated on the Aging Transport System Rulemaking Advisory Committee (ATSRAC) and Harmonization Working Group 10, regarding issues for business aircraft
- Participated on Harmonization Working Group 13, recommending enhancements to manufacturers’ inspection and maintenance programs in light of electrical wiring interconnect systems (EWIS) concepts and enhanced zonal analysis procedures.
- Provided a dedicated FAA Inspector Authorization-approved EWIS session at the NBAA Annual Meeting & Convention
- Worked to recruit seven new Committee members and improve the structure and role of the Committee and its Subcommittees
- Worked to create charters for all Subcommittees and improve communication between Subcommittee chairs and the NBAA Membership