- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Current Job Opportunities
To apply for any of the NBAA jobs listed below, please include your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and where you saw the posting.
Apply via email to [email protected]. All resumes and cover letters must be in English to be considered for the position. Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line.
Apply via mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
1200 G Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
NBAA offers its professional staff generous and comprehensive benefit package. Review the list of NBAA employee benefits.
For full details about each position, download the complete job description in PDF format. EEO M/F/D/V.
Updated July 16, 2014
The NBAA intern position provides an undergraduate college student exposure to various aspects of working in a trade association. The intern works predominantly with NBAA’s Conventions & Membership division, but may also be asked to complete projects for various other divisions and performs administrative tasks related to division projects.
This paid internship is scheduled to last for 10 weeks, beginning in early September 2014.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Provides administrative support to the Marketing & Members Services Division
- Prepares shipments for events, re-stocks items when the return shipment comes in, and maintains inventory counts of promotional items on an ongoing basis.
- Assembles prospect kits and promotional bags for events.
- Scans business card leads from events.
- Manages individual Member plaque and certificate requests.
- Notifies winners from event drawings, assembles/sends out all prize packages and sends out emails.
- Creates and maintains sample library for Marketing and Member Services acquisition, retention and engagement pieces.
- Assists as needed with promotional copywriting for Marketing & Membership Services and Communications Divisions.
- Participates in NBAA's Customer Service Council.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited bachelor’s degree program.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good decision making and problem solving skills.
- Solid mastery of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Desired qualifications include business aviation experience through an internship or temporary employment in a flight department or charter operation.
Updated June 12, 2014
The Coordinator, Exhibits supports the Vice President, Exhibits and the exhibits department with a variety of administrative, accounting, and customer service tasks in the preparation, organization, and management of the NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (BACE), European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE) and the Asian Business Aviation Conference & Exhibition (ABACE), including but not limited to exhibitor sales, service and education, processing exhibitor applications, exhibitor account management, invoicing and collection of outstanding balances, assisting with BACE, ABACE and EBACE lottery procedures and producing/updating show-related exhibitor information, such as the Exhibitor Service Center, exhibitor and exhibitor appointed contractors (EACs), move-in and move-out bulletins and other such tasks.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Assists in maintaining files and mailings to all exhibitors and prospective exhibitors.
- Helps Marketing and Member Services Division follow up with companies that are not yet members or are not current on their membership.
- Helps coordinate effective and timely communication with exhibitors, current and prospective, in such important areas as emailing information about upcoming Association events, responding to questions and issues in preparation for an event and helping ensure that overall customer satisfaction is reached, through such tasks as:
- Responds to email and telephone requests for exhibitor information.
- Provides outstanding customer service and follow up on exhibitor questions and issues, and helps channel the communication flow accordingly.
- Responds to ZenDesk tickets.
- Processes exhibitor Applications for booth space at events.
- Creates and sends out acknowledgements, invoices and other information as required.
- Works closely with the Accounting Department to gather payment information and collects outstanding funds
- Updates exhibitor contact database information as necessary.
- In assisting with event preparation, provides support with a number of projects and tasks, including but not limited to:
- Updates, edits and compiles all necessary forms and documents necessary for inclusion in the Service Kits.
- Updates important exhibitor and exhibitor-appointed contractor information pieces, such as move-in and move-out bulletins and other memos, as needed.
- Ensures that all NBAA, ABACE and EBACE exhibiting companies are NBAA Members or members of partner organizations (Asian Business Aviation Association (AsBAA) or European Business Aviation Association (EBAA), accordingly) and works closely with NBAA Marketing and Member Services Division to follow up with any company that should be an NBAA Member.
- Helps edit and test online exhibitor content before it goes live for exhibitors’ use.
- Provides login and passwords, as required, for Exhibitor Service Center.
- Assists in maintaining exhibit booth move wait lists, interest lists and other records for each event.
- Compiles lists of exhibitor appointed contractors (EACs) with contact information for the NBAA Convention, EBACE and ABACE.
- Keeps record of stand events for EBACE, the NBAA Convention and ABACE for approval by VP Exhibits.
- Helps collect and organize hanging exhibitry requests for each show.
- Assists with tracking target changes for each show.
- Tracks and manages insurance certificates for all exhibiting companies and EACs.
- Helps collect and organize exhibitor’s stand drawings for approval
- Assists with exhibitor confirmations by sending acknowledgements via email.
- Acts as the communications portal for direct third-party contractors such as Freeman, security, first-aid in conjunction with the NBAA, ABACE and EBACE Conventions.
- Compiles prospective exhibitor listings for various events.
- Compiles promotional and informational materials for review, as needed.
- Four-year accredited bachelor’s degree
- Two years administrative or related experience
- Expert in outstanding customer service
- Effective oral and written communication skills including the ability to interact successfully with internal and external contacts
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work on a team, as well as independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Good decision-making and problem-solving skills, especially under time constraints
- Solid mastery of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills, including the demonstrated capacity to successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to travel up to two weeks per year or 3%
Desired qualifications include:
- Two years work or related experience in convention management
- Proven success in project management
- Non profit association experience
- Familiarity with assocication management software, preferably iMIS
- Familiarity with/understanding of layout software
- Aviation industry experience