- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Current Job Opportunities
To apply for any of the NBAA jobs listed below, please include your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and where you saw the posting.
Apply via email to [email protected]. All resumes and cover letters must be in English to be considered for the position. Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line.
Apply via mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
1200 G Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
NBAA offers its professional staff generous and comprehensive benefit package. Review the list of NBAA employee benefits.
For full details about each position, download the complete job description in PDF format. EEO M/F/D/V.
Updated Sept. 26, 2014
The Meetings Coordinator provides varied and complex support to the Vice President, Operational Excellence & Professional Development and the Manager, Conferences & Seminars. Incumbent will be responsible for proactively and accurately planning aspects of all NBAA conferences and seminars and will hold principal responsibility for planning NBAA committee meetings and certain Professional Development Program classes. The Meetings Coordinator works primarily with NBAA’s Operations Division supporting Conferences, Seminars and Regional Forums, but may also be asked to complete projects for other divisions and to perform tasks related to conventions and division projects (e.g., ABACE).
Responsibilities include the following:
- Assists with internal meetings on behalf of the Vice President, including event briefings and other miscellaneous meetings, reserving space, sending out meeting notices, setting up calendar reminders and ordering catering.
- Composes and prepares miscellaneous correspondence, reports, and forms as directed by Vice President.
- Assists with conference and seminar sponsorship sales administration by identifying sponsorship opportunities at hotel and convention centers, updating sponsorship forms, assisting with accounts receivable collections calls, and facilitating flow of information on sponsorship sales strategy between NBAA’s sponsorship & advertising coordinator and committee staff liaisons.
- Researches and orders promotional items and supplies for conferences, seminars, and Professional Development Program classes.
- Prepares speaker contacts and event registration.
- Collects education program presentations and supporting materials; prepares binders and handout materials in electronic and print formats.
- Creates conference and seminar evaluation/critique sheets and prepares for shipment.
- Tallies conference and seminar critique/evaluation forms and creates/distributes reports in accordance with production schedule timeline.
- Prepares mailing of thank you letters for education session sponsors, speakers, and key volunteers.
- Prepares Payment Request Forms (PRFs) for meetings and certain Professional Development Programs and expense reports for Vice President.
- Scans paper documentation and maintains electronic file management/recordkeeping system in shared Professional Development Group network drive.
- Manages speaker, staff and committee hotel reservations, travel documents and travel arrangements.
- Prepares Request for Proposal documents for conference hotels, city searches and/or Audio-Visual needs.
- Manages conference/seminar RFP review process.
- Coordinates NBAA committee meetings and certain Professional Development Program courses, including sourcing meeting location options, soliciting and evaluating proposals, reviewing contract terms, placing food and beverage orders, ensuring quality on-site execution, reviewing invoices and processing payments.
- Provides assistance at the registration desk for Washington, DC based meetings, as required.
- Provides research for future year budgeting, including food & beverage, audio-visual pricing and options.
- Creates cost projections and analysis for meeting and conference components (e.g., food & beverage, audio-visual, transportation.)
- Assists with budget monitoring and forecasting.
- Prepares future year conference and seminar dates, location, housing details (including links to reservation systems) in advance of posting to the NBAA website and promotion in marketing materials.
- Obtains and tracks pickup/housing reports for various conferences and seminars; prepares internal reports and projections to avoid attrition situations.
- Prepares shipments for events, re-stocks items when the return shipments comes in, and maintains an inventory.
- Accredited bachelor’s degree.
- Superior customer service delivery.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact well with internal and external customers, vendors and other contacts.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to do basic math calculations and conversions to/from foreign currencies.
- Good decision making and problem solving skills, especially under time constraints.
- Ability to build and maintain positive customer and vendor relationships.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the demonstrated capacity to successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn and become proficient with iMIS membership database.
- Ability to travel 5% per year.
Desired qualifications include:
- Experience in planning professional development meetings and events.
- Course work in meetings, events or hospitality.