- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Current Job Opportunities
To apply for any of the NBAA jobs listed below, please include your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and where you saw the posting.
Apply via email to [email protected]. All resumes and cover letters must be in English to be considered for the position. Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line.
Apply via mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
1200 G Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
NBAA offers its professional staff generous and comprehensive benefit package. Review the list of NBAA employee benefits.
For full details about each position, download the complete job description in PDF format. EEO M/F/D/V.
Updated Oct. 29, 2014
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support and special projects for the President/CEO and for the two Vice Presidents of Government Affairs.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Schedules all meetings and activities for the President/CEO.
- Answers and screens telephone calls for the President/CEO.
- Handles inquiries for the President/CEO and serves as liaison between the President/CEO and staff.
- Briefs the President/CEO on current and outstanding issues for action.
- Checks deadlines on incoming requests for the President/CEO.
- Maintains records and files, including “tickler” system.
- Types, proofreads, edits, copies, distributes, files and retrieves correspondence such as letters, memos, reports, agendas and minutes.
- Arranges all travel for the President/CEO. Prepares a travel itinerary prior to travel for the President/CEO.
- Maintains records regarding vacation/leave approvals for staff reporting to the President/CEO.
- In conjunction with the COO, schedules and plans the Senior Executives Offsite Meetings per President/CEO’s availability and approval.
- Submits expense reports to COO for signature for Senior Executives reporting to CEO.
- Submits Board of Directors expense reports to COO for signature and to accounting for payment.
- Works closely with staff planning Board meetings and functions regarding meeting logistics, etc.
- Arranges air travel, housing, ground transportation, meals, agenda, and prepares event schedules for President/CEO and other needs as requested for NBAA BACE.
- Assists in the development of correspondence, PowerPoint presentations, speeches, testimony, etc. for the CEO.
- Assists President/CEO with weekly meeting updates, expense report processing, payment approvals, budget updates. Maintains departmental database and files, invoices, pre-trip approvals, purchase orders, signature requests, etc
- Approves leave requests for staff reporting to President/CEO.
- Generates NBAA PAC reports for Lobby Disclosure Act and Federal Election Commission filings
- Prepares Congressional Information Packets that are used for Capitol Hill visits.
- Handles travel arrangements for the VPs Government Affairs, as necessary. Prepares a travel itinerary prior to travel.
- Organizes and schedules meetings, contacts participants, reserves conference rooms, orders meals or snacks if necessary.
- Opens, sorts, distributes and prioritizes all incoming mail and other correspondence. Reviews and evaluates items that require priority attention and responds to routine inquiries.
- Types, proofreads, edits, copies, distributes, files and retrieves correspondence such as letters, memos, reports agendas and minutes.
- Prepares expense reports.
- Prepares Payment Request Forms to process invoices.
- Supports the VPs and the President/CEO’s responsibilities with other aviation industry groups.
- Processes and tracks all departmental invoices and monitors expenses.
- Inputs information into and updates CEO’s and VPs’ calendars and contact lists.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive and confidential issues.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Five years administrative experience supporting an executive or senior level manager.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to set priorities and multi task multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Technologically savvy with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including dealing with the public and staff both in person and on the phone. Communicates effectively with co-workers and the general public.
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Ability to work in an environment in which deadlines change frequently.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and confidential issues.
- Ability to travel once a year to NBAA BACE
- Ability to work overtime and under time constraints.
- Ability to make recommendations to provide improvements and efficiencies.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Good math skills.
Desired qualifications include:
- Accredited bachelor’s degree or associate’s degree.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2007.
- Experience working on Capitol Hill. Familiarity with the legislative process and procedural jargon.
Updated Sept. 26, 2014
The Meetings Coordinator provides varied and complex support to the Vice President, Operational Excellence & Professional Development and the Manager, Conferences & Seminars. Incumbent will be responsible for proactively and accurately planning aspects of all NBAA conferences and seminars and will hold principal responsibility for planning NBAA committee meetings and certain Professional Development Program classes. The Meetings Coordinator works primarily with NBAA’s Operations Division supporting Conferences, Seminars and Regional Forums, but may also be asked to complete projects for other divisions and to perform tasks related to conventions and division projects (e.g., ABACE).
Responsibilities include the following:
- Assists with internal meetings on behalf of the Vice President, including event briefings and other miscellaneous meetings, reserving space, sending out meeting notices, setting up calendar reminders and ordering catering.
- Composes and prepares miscellaneous correspondence, reports, and forms as directed by Vice President.
- Assists with conference and seminar sponsorship sales administration by identifying sponsorship opportunities at hotel and convention centers, updating sponsorship forms, assisting with accounts receivable collections calls, and facilitating flow of information on sponsorship sales strategy between NBAA’s sponsorship & advertising coordinator and committee staff liaisons.
- Researches and orders promotional items and supplies for conferences, seminars, and Professional Development Program classes.
- Prepares speaker contacts and event registration.
- Collects education program presentations and supporting materials; prepares binders and handout materials in electronic and print formats.
- Creates conference and seminar evaluation/critique sheets and prepares for shipment.
- Tallies conference and seminar critique/evaluation forms and creates/distributes reports in accordance with production schedule timeline.
- Prepares mailing of thank you letters for education session sponsors, speakers, and key volunteers.
- Prepares Payment Request Forms (PRFs) for meetings and certain Professional Development Programs and expense reports for Vice President.
- Scans paper documentation and maintains electronic file management/recordkeeping system in shared Professional Development Group network drive.
- Manages speaker, staff and committee hotel reservations, travel documents and travel arrangements.
- Prepares Request for Proposal documents for conference hotels, city searches and/or Audio-Visual needs.
- Manages conference/seminar RFP review process.
- Coordinates NBAA committee meetings and certain Professional Development Program courses, including sourcing meeting location options, soliciting and evaluating proposals, reviewing contract terms, placing food and beverage orders, ensuring quality on-site execution, reviewing invoices and processing payments.
- Provides assistance at the registration desk for Washington, DC based meetings, as required.
- Provides research for future year budgeting, including food & beverage, audio-visual pricing and options.
- Creates cost projections and analysis for meeting and conference components (e.g., food & beverage, audio-visual, transportation.)
- Assists with budget monitoring and forecasting.
- Prepares future year conference and seminar dates, location, housing details (including links to reservation systems) in advance of posting to the NBAA website and promotion in marketing materials.
- Obtains and tracks pickup/housing reports for various conferences and seminars; prepares internal reports and projections to avoid attrition situations.
- Prepares shipments for events, re-stocks items when the return shipments comes in, and maintains an inventory.
- Accredited bachelor’s degree.
- Superior customer service delivery.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact well with internal and external customers, vendors and other contacts.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to do basic math calculations and conversions to/from foreign currencies.
- Good decision making and problem solving skills, especially under time constraints.
- Ability to build and maintain positive customer and vendor relationships.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the demonstrated capacity to successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn and become proficient with iMIS membership database.
- Ability to travel 5% per year.
Desired qualifications include:
- Experience in planning professional development meetings and events.
- Course work in meetings, events or hospitality.