- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
Applications for 2014 NBAA Flying Safety Awards Now Available
Jan. 6, 2013
NBAA is now accepting applications for its 2014 Flying Safety Awards, which will honor the outstanding safety records of Member Companies and their flight department personnel. The 2014 awards will be given based on performance between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2013, and the deadline to apply is March 1, 2014.
“For more than six decades, these awards have highlighted the importance of safety to the business aviation community, while recognizing those individuals and companies that have demonstrated exceptional achievement,” said Jay Evans, NBAA’s director of professional development. “We look forward to continuing this great tradition in 2014.”
Members may apply for awards in the following categories:
- Member Company Meritorious Safety Award – recognizing companies for accident-free years and hours flown.
The three subcategories are:
- Corporate Business Flying Safety Award
- Commercial Business Flying Safety Award
- Aviation Maintenance Department Safety Award
- ATP or Commercial Pilot Safety Award – recognizing individuals for accident-free hours flown
- Private Pilot Safety Award – recognizing individuals for accident-free hours flown
- Maintenance/Avionics Technician Safety Award – recognizing individuals for accident-free years of service to corporate/business flight operations
- Aviation Support Services Safety Award – recognizing individuals for accident-free years of service to corporate/business flight operations
In addition, companies applying for Member Company Meritorious Safety Awards and providing substantiating data to prove 50, 60 or 75 years of accident-free flying will be eligible to receive NBAA's Safe Flying Achievement Awards for those milestones.
Members are strongly encouraged to submit applications online via secure, web-optimized applications; however, NBAA will also accept applications submitted in hardcopy or PDF formats, which are provided online at www.nbaa.org/safetyawards.
“The online reporting system is the best option for completing the awards application,” Evans said. “The first time people use it, the process can take longer. However, the application process for subsequent years is much easier, more accurate and more efficient.”
A Member website password is required to use the online applications. Member Company personnel can either submit their individual applications by logging in with their username and password, or else the NBAA Member Representative (or designated alternate) can apply on behalf of the company and all flight department personnel.
Acknowledgements will be made by mail and during NBAA’s Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition, which will be held from Oct. 21 to 23, 2014, in Orlando, FL. All award recipients receive a certificate, and a lapel pin is granted at every other award level.
NBAA invites all eligible operating Member Companies and their employees to apply and gain well-deserved recognition for their outstanding safety records.
Learn more about the NBAA Flying Safety Awards.
Direct all questions to NBAA at (202) 783-9000 or [email protected].