- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
The entry period for the 2014 NBAA Gold Wing Award is now closed. Direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The NBAA Gold Wing Award for Journalism Excellence is presented annually for excellent, accurate and insightful reporting on issues related to business aviation, by trade or nontrade media. The award recognizes journalism's important role in reporting the significant contributions of business aviation to the national economy, with "business aviation" defined as the use of general aviation aircraft for business purposes. To be eligible, entrants may be either paid staff members or freelancers for the publisher.
All entries for the Gold Wing Award must be submitted via the secure online application form, making the entry process fast and easy. NBAA no longer accepts hardcopy entries. Be sure to review the entry rules below before applying.
Winners will receive a $1,000 honorarium at the Media Kickoff Breakfast of NBAA’s 2014 Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA2014), to be held from Oct. 21 to 23, 2014, in Orlando, FL. Co-authors of a winning entry will share honorarium. Review the list of past recipients.
- All entries must be submitted online via the secure web-based application. For articles originally published in print, applicants must submit articles in digital format (e.g., via URL or file upload). Hardcopy entries will not be accepted.
- If a password is required to access online entries, provide username and password with entry form.
- Entries may be single articles, features or a series on business aviation issues originally published in print or digital formats, including but not limited to magazine, newspaper, newsletter, blog, podcast and video entries.
- For the 2014 award, stories should have appeared in print, online or on-air between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2014.
- Entries will be reviewed by a panel, and the panel's decision is final.
- The deadline for the 2014 award has been extended to July 31, 2014. Entries must be received by this date to be eligible.
- All entries become the property of NBAA and entrant gives consent for reprinting/duplication. Entrant also gives NBAA permission to use entry and entrant's name for educational or promotional purposes.
Past recipients of the Gold Wing Award include:
- Molly McMillin, Wichita Eagle (2013)
- Matt Thurber of AIN Publications (2012)
- Jeff Burger of Business Jet Traveler (2011)
- Stephen Pope of Aviation International News (2010)
- Rob Mark of Business Jet Traveler (2009)
- Patrick Veillette of Business & Commercial Aviation (2008)
- Paul Lowe of Aviation International News (2007)
- David Esler, Business & Commercial Aviation (2006)
- Mark Phelps, Aviation International News (2005)
- Fred George, Business and Commercial Aviation (2004)
- Kerry Lynch, Business and Commercial Aviation (2003)
- Staff of the Chicago Tribune (2003)
- Staff of Aviation International News (2002)
- Chad Trautvetter, Aviation International News (2001)
- Cynthia Wilson, St. Louis Post-Dispatch (2001)
- David Collogan, Weekly of Business Aviation (2000)
- Joe Sharkey, The New York Times (2000)
- Martha Brannigan, Wall Street Journal (1999)
- Stephen Pope, Aviation International News (1999)
- Randall Padfield of Aviation International News (1998)
- Peter Greenberg/Conway Cliff of CNBC (1998)
- Perry Bradley of Business & Commercial Aviation Magazine (1997)
- Dan Lothian/Tony Dill of NBC News (1997)
- David Esler of Overhaul & Maintenance magazine (1996)
- Jack Elliott of The Star-Legder (1996)