- What is Business Aviation?
- Flight Department Administration
- Aircraft Operations
- Professional Development
- News & Publications
- Products & Services
The NBAA American Spirit Award is presented in recognition of an individual within business aviation who exemplifies the courage, pursuit of excellence and service to others that characterize men and women who created and nurtured the American aviation community.
Past recipients include:
- No award given (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue (2010)
- John and Martha King, King Schools, Inc. (2009)
- Not presented in 2008
- Rick Hale, Winner Aviation, and Richard Shine, Manitoba Recycling (2007)
- Congressman John Mica, U.S. House Representative, R-7-FL (2005)
- John W. Olcott, NBAA President Emeritus (2003)
- Passengers and Crew of Flight 93 (2002)
- Albert Lee Ueltschi, FlightSafety International, Inc. (2001)
- Janice Barden, Aviation Personnel International (2000)
- Pat Epps, Epps Aviation (1999)
- Tom Poberezny, Experimental Aircraft Association (1998)
- Bob Showalter, Showalter Flying Service (1996)
- Barron Hilton, Hilton Hotels Corporation (1995)
- Carroll Suggs, Petroleum Helicopters, Inc. (1994)
Recipients of this award are determined by NBAA; nominations are not accepted.